Saturday, March 28, 2009

Tame!

Nice change from Twilight, it's actually something I've thought about before, Rangers, being the wild-life guys that they are, should I felt have some extra ability for taming wild creatures. I mentioned it today on the channel and an hour or so later....

System Change 4276
Summary ranger power: tame |
Number 4276
Type content expansion
By Twilight
When Mar 28 2009 1:44 PM
the ability to attempt to acquire ownership (though not an
empathic bond) of other creatures of your familiar type.
lot of familiar types get this (all except the solitary types)
Result more stuff to do with rangers
Reason gavadel asked for it
Projects Rangers
Ratings Not yet rated; use 'perform change rating' or
http://lostsouls.org/changelog to rate
Version not updated

It's limited to animals of your familiar type (so I can tame wild dogs etc) and there's an auto-limiting feature in the keep system. I'd hate to see it abused and having rangers with 100 DRAKES or 200 RATS going around, abusing it, having it taken down again. I'm also aware lately that when I talk people listen. I just hope I'm saying the right things and people realise I say what I say for the good of everyone and the game, not out of any sense of... what's the word... powergaming. It is true most of my opinions surround my own guilds, but that simply because they're the ones I know best. Knowing that I'm listened to does make me feel... responsible in a certain way, not a bad thing.

Btw, a classic example of how something I say or do could be judged as looking for personal power is my write-up of a Prince of Amber Faculty, not that I ever expect my version to ever be coded up. I wrote them as POWERFUL, not because I wanted that power for myself (though being a Prince I would get that power) it was because I felt that's how the Princes SHOULD be. And it's power I wouldn't like to see handed out willy nilly either. I don't know if I'm making myself clear on this...

No comments:

Post a Comment