Monday, March 16, 2009

Knights and Dyne (Knight Wishlist)

Dyne's gone. Which means I can put those two single beds back to my usual double bed setup and I can smoke in my room without feeling guilty about it. AND I can get to spend some quality time with Chiara. She's getting dinner tonight in a restaurant for the favor of chaufeuring us around over the weekend.

Still, gonna miss having a fellow geek around, and it's nice to have finally met one of you crazy bastits. :).

OK, with Lysator tentatively off the Knight Project (or if he does get to work on it, with the rest of his plans, might be a while before he gets around to it, already been a year since I first heard of the rewrite). OK, so here's my wishlist based on the current Knight setup. ie. Not a rewrite, just additions and mods. For the record I loved Lysator's plan and still do.

OK.

1. Similiar to Rangers and mixed with Aligned/Guard I'd like to see three /consistent/ followers.
a) Warhorse. Similiar to ranger followers, all of these 'named' followers can regen after death, no other ranger-like benefits though. Unlike presently I'd like to see some 'requirements' before you're allowed access to followers. Level, rank and skills. So the warhorse is tied into having a certain skill in riding and mounted combat. Once you have him, he, like you can come back from death.
b) Captain. For leader types, he commands your yeomen and like the other named follower types he's consistent. Requirements would be leadership and tactics combinations. For the record other yeomen can die as per the current setup (though can still be kept).
c) Warhound. Leader of your pack. Not sure about what pre-reqs would be involved here. Hounds can be recruited from a kennel similiar to yeomen, your warhound is your pack leader and tied to your legend.

Leadership
Knights can only have as many hounds/yeomen ie. army as their leadership/tactics/logistics can limit them too, it currently has that system, but it should be expanded to hounds. It would give some real value to those skills. I like the idea of larger groups being given an attack and defense bonus. It would make town-killing solo almost impossible and encourage the recruitment of small armies and give Knights something at which they're actually particularly good at.

Turn Undead
Completely agree with Lysator this needs reworked. I don't like my ability to one-shot and would like to see it tied to a timer and lowered in power, but also see defenses weakened against it. With the current setup it's oneshot or useless, I'd like to see more variation.

That's all I can think of right now, whatcha think?

No comments:

Post a Comment