Thursday, March 19, 2009

End of an Era?

So three days ago whilst raiding Shadow Tower I picked up a warpstone. And didn't notice. It warped Gav and messed with his stats in a way I didn't like. So to fix it? Warp again. Didn't like that either. Change sex with Kurd. Nope, even worse. So... well warp can improve stats right? So I began a warp campaign that finished last night and has SERIOUSLY messed over Gav.

At this point I thought of maybe ditching my favorite character, but seriously? That's not my style of play. This run of bad luck began almost a week ago the night Dyne arrived and it's gotten worse since to the point that Gav is seriously messed over, so I thought a dark re-imagining of everyone's favorite Prince was in order. And that's what I'm doing. He's still a knight, he's still a guard, he's still 'good'. But he's a whole lot darker, moodier and not as friendly as before. As well as the cosmetic changes, there's a few others too.

BUT IT'S GAV! I know, but I'm a character player and in stories characters suffer, change and grow. This is definitely a suffer and change period for my character and okay, he isn't the same anymore, but that's what makes stories interesting I think. I'm actually happy on a level with this makeover and I don't think I'm betraying the fundamental character which is great.

No comments:

Post a Comment