Sunday, March 15, 2009

Dyne Weekend (and stuff)...

Well Dyne made it for the weekend as per my last post. We took him down to Siracusa (Syracuse in english) on Saturday, which he enjoyed. We showed him a 2500 year old greek theatre (and we sat in it) and a roman amphitheatre, I had to explain a lot of the history of the place to him, and because Chiara is a geologist she pointed out some of the seaweed and shellfish fossils from the miocene era in a lot of the stonework. He commented 'Now I can tell the guys why you're such a lore buff'.' Only downside to this trip was the tickets for the temple area had shot up and my pocket money for that particular day disappeared in one swell swoop. (Last time I was there was 3 EUR a head, this time 10 EUR or 30 for the three of us, so my 50 EUR spending money minus the gas and breakfast went to 3 bucks 50!) and it meant bumming gas money from Dyne to get home...

Today was a more relaxed day, we slept in (actually he's slept in every day, but today I managed to too) but we did go up the volcano in the afternoon. I kept Chiara amused by snowballing fights and dam-building across a little stream, whilst Dyne mugged some kid of their sled for a sleigh-ride down the volcano himself (this is becoming a common theme). If you imagine a high speed sleigh ride down a burning volcano, dodging lava and avalanche... death waiting for you on either side, either fire or ice... it'd be really really cool, but not that accurate. I'll stick to the inaccurate action-image myself.

I think he's impressed with the food too. As for my own impressions of Dyne? Nice guy, quiet, yes but nice to talk to, nice to have someone around here I can make mud-jokes with and he gets on with my animals and Chiara which is cool.

Game news:

I've not been around much this weekend but when I have... boy has it sucked. Lost my first group to Coma on Thursday, another group to Brak last night whilst trying to recover from the plague and a third group tonight whilst Dyne was calling home my hounds and Templar were decimated by the plague whilst idling in the forest. And I lost Ironman to the deck of changes... So that's both my nice talents gone to that particular game after losing Planeswalker months ago.

You pays your money you takes your chances. But I really really hate the plague, the game lately seems to be about plague and plague avoidance more than anything else which I find frustrating and that's from a player who himself doesn't worry about it for himself to much and has the ability to cure himself and his followers. I wonder what other people think of the plague? I have no problem with it being there, but should it be the dominating factor of the game? I think not.

1 comment:

  1. I do agree there need to be ways to get plagues out of everybody's hair -- preferably something questing-oriented. I'm considering making it so that when somebody kills an avatar of Ugior, Ugior's Rot dies out for 8 hours or so. Something like that could be cooked up for the Ytzine Plague, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete