Monday, April 27, 2009

Developer Thoughts...

Between my wish lists and criticisms, it might seem as though I'm not that happy with the game. Au contrair! (Is that how you spell it?) I've been happy with the current dev team since I returned last year and I think I have a good relationship with most of them. They seem to be good people. However that's not particularly why I'm happy with them. Ironically one of the ones I'm happiest with is one that I actually don't seem to get on with (:(). However I like them because for the first time in a long time I'm seeing a LOT of results. And no, not because my ideas are taken onboard. A lot of my ideas are ignored, or what might seem like my idea is actually a long term goal they've had for friggin ages and it's just coincidence. (Tactical combat is one thing I've wanted but once when I laid out a plan to Twi or someone they went: Oh Chaos has been working on a system like that).

A lot of the stuff that's come in lately has little to do with ideas of /mine/, but very much their own. The exploration xp is one for example. There's a lot of backroom stuff we don't see too.

My ideas are just my ideas, my thoughts and my wishlists. And they don't really need that. They have ideas and goals aplenty to keep them busy probably until we all retire in 30/40 years time :p. What is nice is when my stuff and their stuff overlaps and fortunately that seems to happy a fair bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment