Sunday, October 17, 2010

The War Ended...

Pretty much. Though with the odd dig, occasional comment or rudeness it does seem that my declaration of it has made Porph go from neutral/sometimes good to hostile in my direction. There were promises of forcing the end of Gavadel (via yog-sothoth) if I didn't concede defeat, via life eating if I was found idle and various insults to my intelligence. And I do concede I'm not a player of the mechanics of the game. I said the war ended if Porph apologised for destroying the Band, which she actually did, though some more insults were thrown just after too (I think that's where the stupid comment came in). There was an unrelated incident yesterday whilst me and Dyne were idle, though Porph says she didn't sacrifice my stuff, someone did (I believe her actually), though she did sac Dyne's. Which seems to me as just mean.

It has forced me to take Gavadel in a new direction, before I was willing to let power slide by me, now I'm actively searching for it. There'll probably be a leavetaking in Corna (not like that association ever did me any good) and I'll try and rejoin the Wandslingers. There are a few other avenues open to me but I'll keep those to myself.

The Band is officially disbanded, though a smaller Band will probably crop up at some point with the bare minimal. Ruburnel and a Squire. I have a few stored in Fledge but I think even Nerus will be let go at this point, donation or no. Gav's going in a new direction. He needs reinvention every so often, though this time, without losing Fledge.

On a related note: Why don't Knights have access to combat maneuvers?

2 comments:

  1. If Camelot ever gets redone, the Knights may get a bit of a code upgrade themselves. With that upgrade, I have a few combat maneuvers in mind, and maybe an actual combat style. We'll see. I still have quite a bit of other coding to get done in the process.

    Or, for that matter, I could probably show you a few things so that you could get a start on coding them up yourself, but being a dev tends to take a considerable amount of time.

    ReplyDelete