Sunday, October 17, 2010

RL Stuff (for a change)

I'm not around much, I won't be around playing properly except maybe on sundays and the odd hour during the week.

The plan is to get married in 2012, on my current income and the fact the Missus still has a few years to go before she qualifies as a psychologist we can't really afford it. But I'm in my thirties and I think this being the right woman and all I really should start getting a move on. I got an offer from the hostel I used to run a few years back to come back. I explained I was teaching and didn't want or plan to leave that job, so the owner offered me a part-time manager position and a 5 percent share of the company if I manage to stop the occupancy figures going into free-fall and get the rates back to 2005 levels. I spoke to Her Indoors about it and she also wanting to get married in 2012 agreed that we should make the sacrifice. So on an average week my timetable is something like this:

1pm Wake up
2pm Go to school, prepare lessons
3pm-9pm Teach
9.30pm-3am Manage the hostel, mainly web marketing and the like, with some managerial stuff thrown in.
4am Home
5/6am depending on how wired I am, sleep.

Except on a saturday where I have the school off, so I do 3pm-1am at the hostel.

We're still seeing if I'm able to keep up the schedule but I've managed to the last couple of weeks. I'll make up my mind at the end of the month. My regular job is enough to pay the bills, but considering I only get paid 9 months of the year, it isn't enough to save up for a wedding with.

Wedding aside, I will see if I can throw the odd donation LS's way over the course of the year anyway.

1 comment:

  1. QQ here too, not that I believe a word of it

    ReplyDelete