Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Ch ch changes...

I kept meaning to update this, but the changes kept coming and I was waiting on the next one before posting and then the next, then the next and it's been a week now that I should have updated something here.

Donation items came through, though hopefully two of those will soon be available to Knights in general. The first though was a bond to Ruby, who I think earned it the poor sap. Like my bond to Fledge, the original idea is a permanent follower I can breathe easier about, but like Fledge he's come with some nice bonuses. We have some kinda mad skill-synergy thing going and that Templar probably rivals some low level amberites in his skills and attributes these days. He's gone from level 34 to 43 and he seems to gain a new level every other run session. Amberiteish skills with a human assim is scary. The other two items were a knight follower (welcome Captain Nerus) and a Battle Standard which a yeoman can wield and gives bonuses to your group, courage, tenacity, tactics, etc. It's more about theme than actual power, but every little bonus helps. They should be released soonish I think for the general knight population. The other idea I mentioned to Chaos was the option of keeping your knighted squire in your group. As I outlined it, the tradeoff would be you don't get that bonus xp on his reaching knighthood, but you get to keep a level 25 knight follower you've trained his whole career. Be nice if this was implemented, but no timeframe on it other than Chaos thought it was a nice idea. (Could be tomorrow, could be never, but more likely somewhere inbetween).

With the new bond setup I was able to leave the VV, the whole idea of being a ranger was to have Fledge. Now, we've left the guild but we can maintain the bond. There is a loss of some stuff there and future changes to the VV won't affect Fledge. So whatever skinning, crafting or other abilities, specs, or whatever you get won't be applied to us.

I've also left the Wandslingers to join the Steel Serpents. I'll talk more about this in my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment