Monday, July 6, 2009

Updates, Recommendations and Commendations

The Band of the White Cross

Well the Band has had an eventful week. Remembering we had to leave the field after myself and Fasius died during the First Battle, myself and Rubernel decided to try again. Losses were high, the saddest of which was Lt. Butler who fled the field. He'd survived the first Battle and numerous other adventures since then. At first I was angry he'd fled (and died later), but Rubernel calmed me down. With Butler of course went Parmenion his drake.

What was left of the Band headed to Losthaven, where (whilst I was afk) there was an unfortunate accident involving Bill. Rago attacked Bill the Town Fool and soft-hearted Fledge defended him. This brought about half of the Band into the fight, including Seleus the last of drakes. Rago aquitted himself admirably and I returned to find the Band in tatters. Only Rubernel, myself and Fledge had survived. It took a few days to find enough pegasi to mount a new Band. Current membership is my Squire Crissa, Captain Rubernel of course and his eagle. The three yeomen are Coricus, Gelumin and Altenius. A new group of pegasi have been found to keep the cavalry in the air. Seleus and Parmenion are missed especially as the new group lacks any heavy artillery.

The new group is also alert to a new threat to Losthaven, Zaruzahad the Undead Black dragon. Fortunately we've managed to drive him back during all recent engagements.

Recommendations

A few of the blogs are really shaping up to be something special. Arc's tale of corruption continues here, Elronuan keeps an interesting blog with some nice articles, Lysator keeps us posted on his developments here and my favorite and shaping up to be a real treat Esmene is writing an IC Story that is of a very high quality. Definite kudos.

Commendations

Just like to welcome our new players, I've had the pleasure to know Tuinia, the very chipper Boreality and Aalina (Fasius's wife, both RL and IC) this past few days. I hope the new kids stick around on this block. And a BIG thankyou to Chaos for making Knight guild equipment keepable. It just seemed VERY necessary after the size of the maps got MUCH bigger. Now if only my yeomen could join guilds again...

No comments:

Post a Comment